Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Robots Are Coming!

Ready or not, the robots are coming. It is not probable but inevitable that robots will work their way into more and more facets of our lives in the years ahead, and I am excited to be a part of that evolution.


As the baby boomer generation ages and the elder care industry struggles with labor shortages and skyrocketing expenses, this will probably be the first area where robots become visible over the next five years. I expect the technology that is developed to meet the needs of caring for elderly in their homes and in assisted living facilities will lead to robotic maids that cook and clean for the younger population too. By 2020, I anticipate that at least 1 in 10 American households will have at least one domestic robot.


Historically, robots have been restricted to use on automotive and similar assembly lines, or somewhat more glamorous appearances in science fiction. But today the technology is available for much more sophisticated real-life human-interfacing robots. It is the industry that has fallen behind in packaging the technology into really useful robotic solutions. I view this as a tremendous business opportunity and am excited to announce my commitment to serving this need.


As an engineer with a naturally curious mind, I set out to build a robot of my own. I was surprised at first to find this challenge as difficult as it was because off-the-shelf parts don't quite fit easily together for a robust robotic prototyping platform yet. Therefore, I have decided to start my efforts there.


Now I have assembled a superstar team of designers and engineers to create a line of robotic modules that all fit together super easily for an extremely versatile robotic prototyping platform. I have just seen the first prototypes for products that we will be launching for all robotic enthusiasts in the months ahead, and I am very excited about what I see.


Sorry I cannot say much more about the products just yet. However, I can say that I am designing the products for people and businesses who are interested in developing their own sophisticated robots. In particular, I hope the products will appeal to people familiar with JAVA programming.


Participate in My Market Research Panel


If you are a robotics enthusiast or a java engineer, I would love to hear from you. I am now forming a market research panel to provide input on the products and help make sure they best meet your needs. Participants in the panel may receive free merchandise, sneak peeks of products before they are released, discounts on purchases, and have a direct impact on determining which features are included in our new products.


If you are interested in participating in our market research panel, please email info at arovotech d0t com with "Market Research Panel" in the subject line for more information.


No comments: